Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Vegetable Cheeks


I remember when I was little that I HATED anything to do with eating vegetables. I was afraid that this would be passed on to my children but thankfully so far so good until.... Bryce and his puffy cheeks were eating some green beans and he cleared his plate and had been finished with dinner for about 20 minutes. I said, "Yay, you both ate your dinner, who wants ice cream?" Lola jumped up and down and Bryce started to but then he stopped and just shook his head no. I thought that was odd so I asked him why. He immediately looked guilty but wouldn't talk. Tapping into my deviousness as a child with vegetables for dinner I looked at him and said, "come here now" He stood before me with his head down. I said, "where are your green beans?" He shook his head... I said again, "where are your green beans, did you flush them, did you throw them away, did you put them on Lola's plate, are they in your pockets?" (yes, all tricks I used to do) He shook his head again and opened his mouth... There to my amazement I saw that this poor kid had mashed up all the green beans and had been hiding them in his cheeks for the last 20 minutes!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment