Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Substitute Day

I dropped off Lola this morning at her Kindergarten class and as we were waiting for her teacher to greet the children outside we were surprised to see a new face. To Lola's horror her teacher took the day off! Poor Lola's face crumpled up when she realized that Mrs. Alvarado wouldn't be there today. She became like a leach to my leg when on any other day she would have left me at the door excited to begin her day. It took me 15 minutes to pry her away from me, wiping her tears and telling her that everything will be the same. She looked at me defeated and said "do you see how upset this makes me?" Yes I did and I realized in that moment just how much of an impact our teachers have on our young, impressionable children's lives. I am having a "I am thankful for Teachers" day. I think I'll bake her some cupcakes!

1 comment:

  1. Sara! I was scared of this sub when I picked Lola up! She was the exact opposite of Mrs. Alvarado and poor Lola probably sensed that from just looking at her! I would make Mrs Alvarado cupcakes for sure and beg her never to take a day off again!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete