Monday, April 27, 2009

An Introduction to the Theatre


As all of you know my first love and passion is theatre. I have been waiting for the day to share this with my children either by watching a show with them or them see me perform. My friend's daughter,Breonnie, was performing in "The Wiz" at her middle school and I immediately snatched up tickets. We went and I sat them in the front row and for the next 2 hours they didn't move a bit. Bryce was absolutely enamored. This little boy opened the show singing Somewhere over the Rainbow in english and spanish and Bryce said, "wow mommy" and lola said "cool" , I was bawling and it wasn't even 2 minutes into the whole show. It was so special to share this world with them and they loved it. Breonnie was Dorothy and Bryce kept calling her his princess. It was SO cute. Lola loved the tinman and still likes to talk through her mouth like he did before he gets some oil.

Now the next step is for me to perform and for them to watch their own mother. How amazing. Stay tuned.... I'll let you know!

1 comment:

  1. then the next step is to invite your friends and then we can come see you perform too!!!! Don't forget THAT!

    ReplyDelete