Tuesday, March 31, 2009

You DON'T drink from this cup


I was in the dollar store with the kids to get just a couple of things and since it was St. Patty's Day coming up I decided to let them each get one thing. I paid no attention to what they grabbed. however I realize that now I should have. Bryce said he wanted a truck, no problem. Lola said she wanted a whistle in a cup, again, no problem. We go through the check out and as I remember it now the man did look at me funny as he was ringing up the "whistle in a cup". Lola exclaimed it was hers and he handed it to her. Fast forward to home and they start playing with their respective new toys. Lola asks me to detach the whistle from the cup. "How odd" I say as I removed the string from the small glass. She goes and fills up the glass with water and as she tips her head back to drink it I gasp. "Bring me that whistle in a cup!" I dig out the packaging in the garbage and as I suspected my 5 year old daughter bought a whistle and shot glass drinking game. NO wonder the man at the register thought I was coo coo! I told her that I had to confiscate the "cup" but she could keep the whistle! Next year please note: Do NOT let said daughter buy a drinking game which may include any whistles or shot glasses!

No comments:

Post a Comment